4 Steps to Eliminate & Prevent Overwhelm for Creatives
In this video, Matt shares a 4 step process to eliminate & prevent overwhelm as a creative, plus how to use the pain and anxiety caused by overwhelm to your advantage. At a high level, here’s the summary:
- Focus on the breath
- Objectify the situation
- Identify the source
- Decide next steps and take action
In the words of the philosopher Aristotle:
We cannot learn without pain.
As a bonus to help you prevent overwhelm and anxiety in your day to day life, here’s a free download to help you live without limits. Download the Limitless Daily system to help you optimize your daily habits and performance. (No Opt-in Required)
Some tips on eliminating overwhelm:
- Identify the source of your overwhelm… is it a problem with Mind, Body, Relationships, Wealth?
- Reduce negative inputs and influences (ie. limit social media scrolling or watching negative news)
- Place actions in buckets (Do Now, Do Later/Schedule, Delegate, Delete)
- If you’re approaching your goal and certain action items aren’t getting done, remove them, they clearly aren’t that important!
- If you’re not approaching certain goals and todos aren’t getting done, identify the MITs
- If earning over 100k/mo, prioritize value & wealth creation
- If earning 30k to 100k/mo, prioritize cash generating tasks
- If below 30K/mo, prioritize mind & body